Monday, October 25, 2004

Watersplash open mic was very quiet last night, but I like that sometimes and it's nice to sit down and play mellow tunes to an audience who listen and appreciate the tunes.

I played with Alex Glendinning on percussion and Big Pete provided great backing vocals and bongos.

Set:

Volcano
Amen Omen
This year's love
Sold
Cannonball
Sail Away
Diamonds on the inside
The blower's daughter

I am working with some talented guys at the moment on a covers project, Simon, Keith and Craig...

They are basically ready to play 16 or so songs including stuff by The Doors, Ben Folds Five, Wallflowers, Blue Oyster Cult, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Elvis Costello... It's cool and I am getting to hear and perform songs I have never heard before... Plus, I just have to learn the words and turn up and sing, which makes a change.

Playing at the Original Wine Bar tonight, at the acoustic music club from 9pm. Great mix of players bangin' out folk, blues, jazz, funk, acoustic rock and whatever it is that I do... A blend of all of the above I guess.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares