Friday, July 15, 2005

Press...

Huge thanks to Jane Delmer over at the Evening Post for the news article about me on Wednesday.

This is the third article Jane has written following interviews with me, the first one back in April talked about my impending trip to New York to record my original tune 'Sold' with Maroon 5 producer and musician, Tommy Allen, and awesome musician Paul Carbonara (Blondie, The Mudlarks,
Mary McBride).

The second article in May, covered my session in New York and broke the news that a number of possible engineers could be working on 'Sold', two possibilities were the guy who mixes the Coldplay albums... or
Ed Stasium (complete Legend).

And so to Wednesday's article.

Basically,
Ed Stasium is working on the track (should be finished next week!) Ed is a multi-platinum and Grammy award winning producer and has worked with hundreds of artists including Freddie Mercury, Biohazrd, Living Color, Mick Jagger, The Ramones and on and on...

I keep in touch with Tommy regularly and a few weeks ago I asked him what was next for the tune in relation to record labels. The fact is, no label is going to give me a deal based on one tune, so Tommy has suggested that I go back to NYC to work on a further four or five original tunes and produce an EP... that we can then turn into a proper label presentation.

This is a huge deal. Another chance to work with world-class musicians and a top producer. But, I need to cover studio time so I need to find funding to the tune of 10K if this is to happen.

Jane's article was sort of an appeal to see if there are any sponsors or trusts out there that fund artists and musicians.

No offers yet, but within an hour of the paper being on the stands, the BBC called and want me to go into the studio for an interview and maybe to play live. Also, if the song is available they may play that on the air too... superb!

It was also very, very cool to see me getting a mention over at the official Blondie Website... Check it out
HERE.

So... anyone got 10k lying around?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares