Monday, June 27, 2005

Begging...

I like having 'holy shit' moments... you know what I mean, you're minding your own business, probably in a little world of your own, when you suddenly hear, see, read or smell something that makes you go 'HOLY SHIT!' Even better, is when you get a 'holy shit' moment, followed in quick succession by a 'holy fuckin' shit!' moment.

Well, I had that this morning. I had an email from Tommy Allen, the producer in New York who recorded 'Sold'. He's putting together an idea of costs in order for me to record a four or five track EP, in order to make a 'proper record label presentation' to labels in the states...

That was the 'holy shit' moment.

Also in the discussion, Tommy tells me that Ed Stasium is scheduled to mix 'Sold' in July... so I did a quick Google search on Ed... found myself at www.edstasium.com (should have worked that out!).









The homepage tells me that Ed is a multi platinum and Grammy award winning producer/engineer and mixer. I went on to his discography page... over a hundred artists and HUNDREDS of albums... some highlights: Living Color, Mick Jagger, Freddie Mercury, The Ramones, The Jeff Healey Band, Biohazard and Soul Asylum...

That was my 'holy fuckin' shit!' moment.

And now I get the chance to go back to New York to spend a few weeks with Tommy and Paul Carbonara in the Movie Centre Building recording four more tracks in order to present to record labels...

But it's going to cost me this time, so I need to find some financial backing. In Jersey there are a few trusts and private funds for artists (musicians and paint) so I am going to see if I can get some funding.

This is awesome.

And last night I played to maybe twenty people at The Splash and it was brilliant... I sat down and chilled out and sang my heart out.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares