Monday, July 12, 2004

Written a couple of new tunes over the weekend, pretty upbeat which is unusual for me.

'Watched Pot' is quite good fun to play and has a pretty good groove going.

'Had my run' is really mellow but also quite 'happy', has a bluesy feel to it, lyrics below:

when I feel the hunger
you fill me up, you fill me up
when I feel I'm falling
you pick me up, you pick me up
and I win back the sun
and it's true what they say
and I've been blessed the whole of my life
when it's you and I know

I've had my run
I've had it all
and seen it gone, gone, gone
I've had my run
I've had it all
and seen it gone, gone, gone, gone, gone

when you feel the thunder
I'll fill you up, I'll fill you up
when you feel you're under
I'll pick you up, I'll pick you up
and I win back the sun
and it's true what they say
and I've been blessed the whole of my life
when it's you and I know

And my recommendation for the day, week, month, year... Ben Harper's Diamonds on the inside, it's a beautiful, funky, upbeat album with some great tunes. A cross between Jack Johnson and Lenny Kravitz but better than both in my opinion... Check it out.

Got some great reviews for 'Sold' at Garageband.com over the weekend, it's nice when a few people get it. Shame it seems to be one out of ten though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares