Friday, April 16, 2004

Playing at Bonds on Sunday night from 9pm...

I think I am playing a joint gig at the Blue Note Bar on Saturday 24th with Phil & Gareth. That should be cool, the guys play originals, Jack Johnson and Ben Harper stuff.

Hopefully I can catch a few open mic slots over the next few weeks and I will be rehearsing my set for NZ, only three weeks away!!! WOOHOO...

I've hyped Garageband many times, but it is such a great site for musicians, just ask Simon from Le Music Room who is kicking ass with a 4.9 star rating at the moment for one of his electronic tunes. Anyway, I got a detailed review of an old Curses tune 'Coockoo' by Braden Merrick, Northwest Regional A&R Rep for Warner Bros. Records, and it was very useful. I may post snippets of the review here over the next few weeks, overall, he thinks the song was 7/10, that it sounds like Del Amitri and that I am too clever for my own good...

He gave me some good ideas and a few leads, including Nic from KCRW.org, which aired one of my fave Damien Rice sessions by the way, awesome. Braden came across as genuine, knowledgeable and eager to help, which did surprise and delight me.

I may submit 'Sold' for a similar review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares