Monday, March 15, 2004

OK a pretty cool weekend. Friday I sat glued to the news on TV in case they showed our live session... And they did!!! They played 'Sold' from the second verse until the end... Sound was pretty average and I never realised I was so ugly... But at least my two year-old daughter liked it, she kept running up to kiss the TV screen.

Sunday was my first Watersplash open mic and it was great fun. With Alex on percussion and Phil on Bass we got off to a ropey start with 'Sold' but kicked it with some Jason Mraz, Damien Rice and David Gray. Ali McGovern came up to sing Lisa's parts on Volcano, which was wicked!!!

Tonight is the acoustic music club at the Pierson, so the whole crew will be there to have another go at 'Sold', 'Look out now' and one of the Jason Mraz tunes.

Things are hotting up for the launch, press releases have gone out and the crew and I are rehearsing and playing as often as possible at open mics.

I have a paid gig on Sunday at Bonds, and Alex and Phil are going to come along and jam through parts of the set that will be played at Palmers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares