Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Okay, I have been rehearsing with some great musicians ready for the album launch on the 26th March.

Alex the Percussionista!!! and his array of bongos, drum box and jingly jangly magickery is adding an awesome layer to the songs and we are getting quite the groove going on with tunes like 'sold' and 'cold river'.

Simon is of course enhancing the tunes with piano sounds and great string pads.

Phil is grooving on bass and I have been rehearsing with Phil separately too to keep tight and add alternative dimensions to some of the covers I want to do.

I worked out another Jason Mraz tune 'If I could' that has a great funky groove much like 'The remedy' so I am adding that to the setlist.

So far the set for the launch looks as follows in no particular order or preference:

Sold
Cold river
Lonely Road
Like home
Look out now
Funny thing
Cooling down
The remedy (Jason Mraz)
If I could (Jason Mraz)
Cold water (Damien Rice)
The other side (David gray)
Sail away (David gray)
Volcano (Damien Rice)
When we fall

Simon or Phil is going to rig up the P.A. to a desk so we can have the launch recorded to a fairly decent standard, so live tracks will be available to download following the gig.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares