Monday, March 01, 2004

Shit... Almost forgot my password to enable me to update this thing LOL... But stupid really as it's hardly a tough one to crack!!!

Anyway, I was in the studio yesterday and Simon and I recorded a rough version of a new tune called 'Look out', I'm not sure if I like it yet, my problem is that it has a kinda pop sound, almost Phil Collins/Supertramp... Which is fine, a few years ago... It's funny how production really transforms a song from its original vibe, I had a David Gray, bluesy kinda vision for it... Of course we can tweak and play and change the feel anyway, I'm on a bit of a downer re music at the moment :-( dunno why!?! Anyway, I'm playing 'Look out' at the acoustic music club tonight so we'll see how it goes down, will probably do a Jason Mraz tune and David Gray's 'the other side'...

Gah, I am so pissed off lately, frustrated mostly... You know when you feel like you are waiting for something to happen but don't even know what it is yet...

Saw 'Along Came Polly' last night, I really enjoyed it... I like Ben Stiller, he manages to play 'normal' guys spookily well, I have identiefied with nearly all of his characters in his movies!!! Even Zoolander LOL!!!

So, looking forward to the TV Studio sessions on Friday, I am actually going to rehearse for once, which is new... But I guess you gotta get TV/Radio sessions right otherwise they may come back to haunt you.

'...honey' should be here today or tomorrow, UPS allowing. I can't listen to it anymore, so many parts annoy me, I guess I gotta just get it out there and listen to the feedback, you know what, you just can't second-guess what people will like/dislike in this world, especially when it's something you produce yourself... Songs I thought people would like they aren't fussed about and songs I just recorded to fill time are favourites!!! Ah well, you gotta just keep 'em coming and hope some hit home.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares