Monday, March 22, 2004

Had a great gig at Bond's of Bond Street last night, the new pick-up and amp sounded beautiful. The number of people who turned up was small to start with but got pretty busy for the second set, which is cool. Alex and I strummed and bapped through plenty of Damien Rice, David Gray, Jason Mraz, original material and I even threw in some Goo Goo Dolls and Richard Ashcroft for good measure.

This week is busy with preparations for the album launch on Friday at Palmers. Simon and I are working on an acapella piece on Wednesday and we have a full dress rehearsal on Thursday. The article should appear in the JEP on Friday, I hope I don't come across as a nob!!! I was getting quite spiritual about music during the interview ha ha ha.

Getting closer to firming up dates for All Nations in New Zealand, as soon as it is signed I will start sending press releases and promo packs to radio stations and the press in Auckland.

Bond's want me every few weeks, which is cool and after the launch I will try and get some bigger venues booked up in the summer for the whole band. Get ready Blue Note, Tipsy Toad, Star, Chambers... Justin Thorne is coming. Having a full set at the Watersplash in the summer would be cool too, the open-mics are great but you feel like you are just getting warmed up when you get booted off!!!

New York is still on the radar and in the Autumn my sights are set on Dublin and London. I would LOVE to go back to Berlin and take my guitar... We shall see.

It would be great to get Simon, Alex and Phil onboard for an off-island gig... Watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares