Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It's Clobberin' Time... I mean, Studio Time...

Sorry, my son keeps doing the Fantastic 4 movie quote 'it's clobberin time' in the voice of the The Thing toy... cute the first fifty time you hear it!

So yea, I'm back in Basement Records recording six new tunes. I have all the music done, thanks to Pete Newton for laying down the groove on Bass and Simon Larbalestier, for engineering what we've done so far. I'll go back in after Christmas and do all the lead vocals.

Between now and then, I'm hoping to work with a talented female vocalist called Monica, to see if we can come up with some interesting harmonies, backing vocals and perhaps even shared lead on a couple of the new tunes.

Simon will take what we've done, layer on some percussion, strings, keyboards and whatever the songs need and then we have ourselves some pretty polished demos ready to send off to Tommy and Pauly in New York City!

New recordings:

Don't we just make fools of ourselves
My run
Keeping Shtum
My card
Weighted Down
Mellowdrama

I'm hoping to take the tunes out live with Pete, Alex Glendining, Monica and Simon if he's free!

Anyway, when they're done, I'll stick a few up at My Space and/or Garageband so people can hear them.

Still working on finding the funding and management although things look good...

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, the ginga ninga has got you all in to t'internet!

awesome... sure it was more you than he though. glad i heard ya proper now, i'll keep an eye on this one!

ez, T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares