Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Barcelona was brilliant!!!

A very arty place and I loved the Gothic architecture, especially the Gaudi cathedral.

Loads of music and little bars, although our live music was limited to an amazing Flamenco restaurant with singers, dancers and four guitar players who's finger were a blur as they pulsed out the flamenco rhythms.

I would go back to play there for sure.

So, THIS THURSDAY (10th) I am looking forward to opening for Derrin at the MOODY BLUES from 7ish. Come and check it out.

Oh yea, whilst in Barcelona, I read 'Dream Brother' the dual biography of Jeff and Tim Buckley, amazing reading about their lives. Quite an eye opener too, it's hard to believe that Jeff started his second album STILL owing his record label money for Grace!!! Scary stuff. In a way I wish I hadn't read it, it takes away the mystique of the artists and the songs but then, you are reading about their lives through the ideas of a writer and not actually in their heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares